Frequently asked questions
Whether you’re just beginning your research about retirement lifestyles, or you’ve been looking into this for a while now, you’re sure to have a few questions. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions we get about Independent Retirement Living in general and Sunshine Ridge Retirement in particular. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to contact us — we’re here to make your life easier in any way we can.
Yes. VRS Communities has 11 seniors communities across BC and Alberta, including:
Lakeside Gardens in Nanaimo
Ross Place in Victoria
Pacific Carlton in White Rock
Sunnyside Manor in White Rock
Orchard Gardens in Kelowna
Sunshine Ridge in Osoyoos
Silver Springs in Vernon
Charles Manor in Penticton
Andover Terrace in Salmon Arm
Shuswap Lodge in Salmon Arm
Garneau Hall in Edmonton
Sunshine Ridge is a seniors community for self-directed living, providing rental accommodation with services and amenities for seniors who can live independently with minimal to moderate support.
Long-term care facilities (such as homes for the aged and nursing homes) are designed for people who require the availability of 24-hour nursing care and supervision, sometimes within a secure setting.
Sunshine Ridge chefs use the freshest, highest quality ingredients around. We pride ourselves on our high standard of quality cooking, prepared from basic ingredients. This is your home, and you deserve the best.
Sunshine Ridge offers a wide variety of activities and our objective is to provide life-inspiring activities and events that will benefit our residents in every aspect of living. Coordinating opportunities for residents to discover purpose and passion through participating and volunteering, enriching their lives as well as those they serve.
Please contact us for the latest pricing and availability information.
Please download our free expense calculator worksheet to assist.
Sunshine Ridge is pleased to provide a state-of-the-art wireless emergency response system. Should you require assistance during a medical emergency, our staff can respond immediately and dispatch the appropriate help you need 24/7.
Sunshine Ridge encourages residents to make their living space their own. Feel free to bring all the comforts, furnishings and décor of your current home to Sunshine Ridge.
Our community welcomes furry friends, including those that bark and purr. For complete details, please contact our Sales Manager.
- Two home-cooked meals daily
- Continental breakfast daily
- Snacks & refreshments offered in the Country Kitchen and Fireside Lounge
- Libraries and reading room
- Wellness and exercise rooms
- Landscaped gardens with pergola, patios and fountains
- Theatre, multi-purpose activity and games rooms
- Ensuite bathrooms with walk-in shower
- Kitchenettes with sink, fridge and microwave
- Pre-wired for phone, cable, internet and individual thermostat.
- Fire alarm, sprinkler system, smoke detectors and emergency lighting
Comfort and Convenience
- Secure, underground parking
- Complimentary laundry facilities
- Smoke free environment, air conditioned common areas
- Daily safety checks, weekly housekeeping and linen services
- 24-hour staffing and emergency response
Recreational Programs, Activities and Services
- Daily social, cultural, educational and recreational activities
- Exercise, fitness and wellness programs
- Creative pursuits (arts and crafts, knitting, painting and drawing)
- Worship services
- Hydro, gas, water and basic cable
“Ethel can no longer live alone. She would not want to live with family. She is independent at Sunshine Ridge and has people around who care. Sunshine Ridge is a wonderful place. Thank you so much!
9107 Main St
Osoyoos, BC V0H 1V1